Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More on Clear

I'm a bit late on this post... sorry about that. I just got back in town and adopted a puppy - so you can imagine that I have a lot on my plate at present! Anyway, I wanted to talk about something I just reread in Dianetics, The Original Thesis. It's all about the state of Clear, which I went over a bit in a previous post. I found another great quote about Clear that I'd like to share:

"The entire intent and technique of Dianetics is to break the partial or complete suppression of the
analytical mind by the exhaustion of the false data contained in the engrams which compose the reactive mind. When this is done, the analytical mind begins to clear itself somewhat on the order of an automatic computer which makes way for new problems." - L. Ron Hubbard

I thought that was a pretty neat quote - it gives a better idea of what you are really trying to do in Dianetics, and what someone is talking about when the speak of "Clear". I've seen a lot of uncertainty and, frankly, false information about this state online and I think it's interesting to look at the person who first talked about the state to find out what the real deal is.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want to discuss the state of Clear.

2 comments:

Aligote said...

Great post! Very handy how you linked things to the Scientology website. I was reading a few things on there and a question struck me: How did LRH discover the Techs or start using these new words? Why use thetan when you could use spirit? Why use engram when you could use memory?

Julia said...

Thanks for asking. I wrote a whole post in answer to your excellent questions. Here it is. :)