Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quote from "Problems of Work" by L. Ron Hubbard

Here is the quote that helped me out a lot in the book "Problems of Work" by L. Ron Hubbard:

"The only way to hold a job is to make it every day, to create it and keep it created. If you have no wish to create and continue that job, then there must be something at cross-purposes with purpose. There is something wrong between what you think would be a good purpose and what purpose your job has."

I realized that I had been thinking all along that I was at cross-purposes with my job, because it's not what I want to be doing until the end of my days. But, I do think it's got a good purpose. That's what helped me out in "Problems of Work" by L. Ron Hubbard.

Definitions:
Cross-Purposes means: "Conflicting or contrary purposes, aims or goals"
Purposes means: "Intended or desired results; aims; goals"

No comments: