Monday, June 30, 2008

Q&A about Communication

The other day I got an email from one of the readers of this blog and I am posting it (the question) and my response (the answer) here. The names have been removed to protect the innocent. :)

Subject: Scientology / Communication question...
"I was reading your blog and wondering if you could help clear something up for me. I've been reading up on the
Communication formula in the Scientology handbook (intention, attention, duplication, acknowledgement). Is there a way you could provide some everyday examples of it at work? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it!"

Response from Julia:
"Hmm... an example at work. I'd say that there have been times that I needed a piece of paperwork and I called the person I needed it from, stating my intention. Since they were paying attention to what I was saying, they understood and duplicated what I wanted - sending me the paperwork. Once I received the paperwork I called them back to acknowledge the receipt."


Does anyone else have examples of this they'd like to share or questions on the communication formula?

No comments: