In the spirit of the 56th anniversary of Dianetics the Modern Science of Mental Health, I'm going to be posting information about the book, plus some history.
Dianetics the Modern Science of Mental Health was written just after Dianetics The Evolution of a Science.
The Evolution of a Science goes over such information as:
- L. Ron Hubbard's first description of the true potentials of the human mind.
- How L. Ron Hubbard discovered the "basic personality".
- How the Dynamic Principle of Existence was first isolated.
- The exact mechanics of the reactive mind, and how it can control you like a puppet, creating and enforcing negative emotions, attitudes and behavior.
- The anatomy of prenatal experiences and how they affect you.
- Why one takes on the personality - and irrationalities - of people.
- The principles, use and results of Dianetics - exactly how and why it works.
This book give you the key to really understand your mind and shows the progression by which Dianetics and - later- Scientology was developed. It's the first book that Mr. Hubbard wrote on the subject.
In Chapter Two "What Life is Doing", Mr. Hubbard says:
"My right to enter this field was an inquiring brain which had been trained in mathematics and engineering and which had a memory bank full of questions and far-flung observations.
"It was the basic contention that the human mind was a problem in engineering and that all knowledge would surrender to an engineering approach.
"And another primary assumption was made:
"All answers are basically simple."
More information can be found on Dianetics the Evolution of a Science at http://www.dianetics-theevolutionofascience.org/