Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Drugs

The epidemic of drug abuse has gone on unchecked for years. I've seen the effects when walking down the street in Hollywood or even in areas considered to be "clean" or "safe", like Glendale.
A few months ago I was taking a walk in Glendale and stopped in the park to swing when two guys who were around my age came up to me and asked me if I wanted to smoke pot with them in the far end of the park. This was in a family park, where little kids go to and where I grew up. I felt disgusted to know that there could be joints floating around there, and maybe even more hardcore drugs.

There are drug dealers and users all around Hollywood, and people will openly admit that they are on or using drugs. Per a survey taken on drug use in 2004 96.7 million people had ever tried or consistently used pot, 34.1 million had ever tried or consistently used cocaine, 7.8 million people had tried or used crack and 3.1 million people had tried or used heroin. This was by 2004 alone! That's over 100 million people who will admit to having used drugs in America. It's a frighteningly high amount!

If you want to know more about this epidemic, or want to find out what you can do about it, go to
www.drugsalvage.org Say No To Drugs, Say Yes To Life.

Also, if you are currently addicted to drugs,
fill out this form and get the help you need to stop using.

No comments: